Sunday, January 13, 2008

Whirls, Swirls & Curls

Whirls, Swirls and Curls

I come from a nomadic theatrical and musical family. My father and many of my relatives are accomplished professional Jazz musicians.

This creativity dominated my life causing me to have a vivid and unique imagination.

In my dreams I was often on a stage performing with colorful set designs.

While I paint I have nurturing memories of beautiful sounds and rhythms influencing my brush strokes and color palette.

This explains my preoccupation with curves, movement and femininity.

What are some of your preoccupations?

1 comment:

K said...

Melanie,

This art work is one of the most beautiful artwork I have ever seen. Looking at "Whirls, Swirls & Curls" really brings a warmth to me inside every time I look at it. She looks so beautifully captivating with her eyes. This is a painting that people will stop and look at for a while.

That's how powerful to me it is.

Your work is something that many women can relate to.